Want to get rid of unwanted hair? Then let’s make sure you get the most out of your IPL treatment.
IPL with the latest function of SHR (Super Hair Removal) is totally painless and the only way to go! Here are six things you can do to best prepare yourself for your IPL treatment:
- Remove any residual fake tan. (Side Note: we have the most amazing gloves for this job!)
- Moderation of foods that contain Beta-Carotene (ie: carrots & squash) also moderation of Vitamin A supplements. A subtle orange/yellow hue may be deposited into the skin, which will increase light absorption of the skin and may prevent it from reaching the hair follicle.
- Avoid tanning beds (and ideally sun tanning) four weeks prior to treatment.
- Refrain from tweezering, plucking or waxing hair for two weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid bleaching creams seven to ten days prior to treatment.
- Hydrate – drink plenty of water.